General information about disputes

In Sweden, legal matters that arise out of conflicts between private individuals, or between a private individual and a business, are governed by the Procedural Code. The parties themselves determine the procedure and the choice of evidence.

In some cases, the parties may opt to have their business dispute heard at the appropriate general court, such as:

  • The District Court (Tingsrätten)
  • The Court of Appeal (Hovrätten)
  • The Supreme Court (Högsta domstolen)

Consumer disputes are conflicts between a company and a consumer over a product or service that was purchased for individual use. If you are dissatisfied with a product or service, you may consult the Consumer Adviser (konsumentvägledare) in your local municipality (kommun) for assistance. A current list of advisers is available at the Swedish National Board for Consumer Policies (Konsumentverket).

If the dispute cannot be resolved with the involvement of the konsumentvägledare, it may also be settled in a general court. Additionally, the matter can be elevated to the Swedish National Board for Consumer Complaints, Allmänna reklamationsnämnden (ARN). ARN will intercede by making a recommendation as to how the dispute should be resolved.

The attorneys of Salmi & Partners can assist you at every step of the dispute resolution process by representing you at court, mediating on your behalf, resolving the matter through settlement, and protecting your interests.

Our attorneys are ready to help in cases involving:

  • Procedural law
  • Debt disputes
  • Consumer disputes
  • Mediation/Arbitration
  • Settlement
  • Division of an estate/Inheritance disputes

Are you in need of legal services, or maybe just need some advice? Contact us for a free consultation!

Free consultation or call 08-673 51 80